Board of Directors & Committees
President, Charles Benzyk
Vice President, Jonathan King
Treasurer, Daniel Tarbell
Financial Secretary, Dave Cavasino
Secretary, Position Open – TBD
Committee Guidelines, Chairpersons & Directives
2022 Permanent Committees
Maintenance & Improvement Committee
Chairpersons: Jason Brown
Chairperson: Ed Luukko
2022 Special Committees
Chairpersons: Sarah King, Susan Benzyk
The Bylaws Committee is working on Phase II of necessary updates
regarding membership. Two Zoom info meetings occured on June 22nd
and 30th. If you were not able to participate in these meetings
please follow the links to learn more about membership questions.
- Meeting 1 - June 22nd
- Meeting 2 - June 30th
- Info Session Notice - Saturday, August 21st after Annual Meeting
WAI Bylaws - Apr 24, 2021
WAI Voting Guidelines - Mar 1, 2022
Materials for voting and upcoming Apr 30th Meeting
1. FY2022 Proposed Budget
2. FY2022 Budget Narrative
3. Balance Sheet
4. Article II - Proposed Amendments Highlighted
5. Undirected Proxy
6. Directed Proxy - Budget
7. Directed Proxy - Bylaws
Rules & Regulations
Waterford Association, Inc.
(Revised August 31, 2019)
+ Use of the beach and facilities is open to members of the
Waterford Association, Inc., and their guests (family, friends,
tenants). Persons eligible for membership in the association,
but who choose not to join, are not entitled to use the beach
+ Membership or guest badges need to be displayed at all times while
on the property of the Waterford Association. Children who have
attained the age of eight (8) years or older are required to wear
+ Please purchase daily guest badges from the lifeguards for each
additional guest as needed. Selling, distributing, and/or providing
badges to unassessed households or people who are not your guests
is prohibited and may jeopardize membership privileges.
+ Parking is restricted to our association parking lot and to badge
holders only. One car at a time per assessed household is allowed
on a first come first served basis. Please walk or pull a cart if
possible, otherwise shuttle guests and supplies. Parking in the
state lot is not allowed and violators may be ticketed or towed.
+ Prohibited on Waterford Association, Inc. property:
- Loud or disorderly conduct
- Smoking on the beach (please restrict smoking to the parking
- Glass containers, Pets, Litter, Fires (unless sanctioned by
the association Board of Directors)
- Throwing or pushing persons off the raft; swimming or diving
from the rocks
- Fishing or boating within the swim and beach area. Fishing
from the rocks is allowed, restricted to outside the swimming
+ Please take most of your trash and recyclables home. Disposable
diapers must be disposed of at home. The lifeguards can provide
a disposable bag for sanitary transport. Take home large items
such as broken chairs.
+ Please report all accidents and injuries to the lifeguard on
+ The Waterford Association, Inc. assumes no responsibility for
lost or stolen property at any time.
+ Please respect the lifeguards, security guards, and beach
manager instructions regarding our beach rules and regulations.
They are asked to enforce these rules equally at all times for
our safety and well-being as we enjoy our association property.
CODE OF CONDUCT (ADOPTED 4/29/21)
Waterford Association Incorporated has a ZERO TOLERANCE
POLICY for inappropriate behavior which may take the form of:
- Any and ALL harassment, bullying, discrimination,
- Abuse (physical or verbal),
- Intolerance of a person's religion, gender identity,
race, or sexual orientation,
- Rude, offensive or obscene language, gestures or actions
- Behaving in a way that disturbs the enjoyment of the
Association's property for other people, and
- Any other actions deemed to be intentionally hurtful,
harmful, threatening or inappropriate.
The WAI Board aims to enforce the right for all WAI members to
enjoy an environment that is safe and without risks to health
(mental and physical), violence, and aggression.
All members of the Association shall be bound by this
Code of Conduct and will certify annually at the time of
MEMBERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Be treated fairly, equally and with respect by the Association,
its Board of Directors and other members.
- Socialize in an environment free from all forms of harassment,
bullying, and discrimination.
- Privacy and confidentiality concerning records, documentation
and any other communication containing a member's personal
information, unless consent is otherwise provided.
- Be informed and actively involved in all Association events and
- Respectively voice their opinions, requirements and suggestions
to the Board of Directors and other Members without fear of
reprisal or derogatory comments.
- Show respect and treat other members, guests, employees and
patrons fairly, equally and with respect and courtesy.
- Always show respect for the volunteers who give their time
to help the Association.
- Never yell, taunt, or threaten physical violence upon another
Member of the Association, a volunteer, a member's guest, or
employee of WAI.
- Behave responsibly and ensure they conduct themselves in
a manner which will not injure the reputation of the Association, its events, organizers, participants or sponsors.
- Not physically or verbally harass, abuse, or bully others.
- Never use abusive, rude, offensive, obscene or vulgar
language or gestures, or make racial, sexual orientation,
ethnic, gender identity, or gender-related slurs or derogatory
- Never make unwanted sexual or physical contact with other
members [Members found to be listed on a sex offender registry,
convicted of a sex crime, or caught having, creating, or
distributing child pornography will be immediately barred
from membership and all participation in Association activities].
- Report any inappropriate behavior to a member of the Board
of Directors of the Association for action and follow-up.
- Abide by and uphold the Association's Code of Conduct and
other adopted rules and regulations and Association policies.
- Notify the Association's Board of Directors of any changes
to address or contact information via [email protected]
WAI CODE OF CONDUCT (ADOPTED 4/29/21)
Use of the beach and facilities is open to Members of the
Waterford Association, Inc., their families, and guests.
Membership and guest badges must be worn and displayed at
all times while on the property of the Waterford Association,
Inc. Daily guest badges may be purchased from the lifeguards.
Person's eligible for membership into the Association, but who
chose not to join, are not entitled to guest badges.
Parking Lot & Association Property
Due to limited parking space, please limit the number of cars
each Membership brings to the Association parking lot. Please
do not park in the State Boat Launch parking lot unless you
are using the boat launch facilities. The Association owns
"The Rocks" from the boat launch jetty south to the Beach.
Members may fish, as long as lines are not cast into the swim
area. The Association's beach property extends South toward
Waterford Public Beach, the boundary is clearly marked by
CT State Boat Launch @ Pleasure Beach
Please respect the CT DEEP rules and regulations. For further
information, visit the
CT DEEP website.
Also from the CT DEEP:
Clean Marina Initiative, and
The Public Trust.